Develop understanding of machine learning techniques in the context of cheminformatics.
When: 5 – 9 February 2018
Registration closes: 20 January 2018
Where: STFC Hartree Centre, Sci-Tech Daresbury, Cheshire, UK
Best for: Data analysts working in the pharmaceutical industry or trainees who are able to work independently but would require guidance for solving complex problems.
Prerequisites: Attendees should be familiar with using statistical methods in a chemical research context.
This course will enable attendees to:
- identify which cheminformatics problems are suitable for applying machine learning
- employ both classification and regression models
- define problems in a way that enables a machine learning expert without chemistry knowledge to contribute to a solution
- choose and execute suitable methods for solving a problem
- evaluate a model that claims to solve a particular problem
- compare and contrast various potential models
- demonstrate the business value of a model